Monday, November 25, 2013

Unashamed Tour 2013 - Dallas

This weekend definitely makes it to the top of one of the best weekends of 2013. Nayomi, Chuy, Brian & I drove up to Arlington to attend the Unashamed Tour 2013 featuring Lecrae, Tedashii, Andy Mineo, Derek Minor & KB. Nayomi accompanied me in my car as we drove to Arlington jamming out to 80's & other "genres," LOL. We checked into the hotel, which was sweet "suite!" Then took off for a late lunch to Plucker's Wing Bar to have great sweet tea & wings! Afterwards we went back to the hotel & closed my eyes for 10 minutes & got ready to head out for the concert. We waited outside of College Park Center (UTA) in the cold for 2 hours! It was quite entertaining...but luckily we got there early enough to be close to the glass doors. As we entered, Nayomi & I literally ran down the stairs to get good floor spots, totally left Brian & Chuy behind (sorry but not sorry guys, lol.) We were about 3 rows behind the front stage & were uncomfortably close to people. Funniest thing I heard a girl say before the concert: "Someone is going to contract something for being so close to each other!" No kidding. As the concert began, they all came out first and shot a live video for the tour song "Now they know." There was lots of jumping & dancing - I don't remember EVER sweating that much in my life.

The most memorable part:
As Andy Mineo performed "Uno Uno Seis" I was totally regretting not bringing my Puerto Rican flag  since I saw a few people who did. Towards the end of the song Andy decided to do a dive jump in the crowd. Well, he dove into the crowd, and while carrying him over I then found myself on the floor with 15 + on top of me. I got elbowed in the head and couldn't hear for a few seconds - so scary! Luckily as everyone got off me a few guys helped me up & I lost Nayomi after that but found her at the end. Would I do this again? YES!


Despite getting elbowed in the eye & head, trampled under Andy Mineo's dive jump/mosh pit, and lost a favorite earring...Unashamed Tour was beyond awesome & unforgettable!!!

    Left to Right: KB, Andy Mineo, Derek Minor, Lecrae & Tedashii


This guy had no idea - Grateful Apparel.


Brian, Chuy, Nayomi & I standing outside waiting to get in.


Video Footage from my iPhone


"Ayo" - Andy Mineo

No comments:

Post a Comment