Sunday, November 24, 2013

You Are Good Enough

Strongly dislike to see people think they are not good enough. You are. You are good enough because He made you. Don't measure how beautiful/handsome you are to Instagram/Facebook likes or daily compliments. You are God's creation and He wondrously made you. 

I struggled with this for years. I would cry myself to sleep in middle school because people would tell me flat out - you're ugly! I would then realize since I was so unhappy with my outside appearance I was ugly on the inside - I became bitter and angry towards people with their attitudes and comments, especially with all the moving. I would fight verbally & argue continuously. I felt like people put standards on me not even GOD would ever put on me. I got to the point and remember praying to God if I can't be pretty physically then change me inwardly to be like You so I can be some kind of beautiful. This was obviously not an overnight process - it took time. 

But one must remember, a beautiful outside can't conceal a broken, ugly, inside. Make up and masks are temporary. They eventually come off. Some of the prettiest women/handsomest men get no attention. And I think God likes it that way. His best is sometimes hidden. 

#keepthatincheck #youaregoodenough #choosejoy



No comments:

Post a Comment